Home Crime Father of four, 42, fights for life after thugs cut off his...

Father of four, 42, fights for life after thugs cut off his ears

13
0
SHARE
Sajed Choudry, 42, is in a coma and has had to be put on life-support after losing both ears and suffering a bleed on the brain in the brutal armed attack on the street where he lives



A father-of-four has been left fighting for his life after a horrific assault in which he had both his ears cut off.

Sajed Choudry, 42, is in a coma and has had to be put on life-support, after having both of his ears cut off during the violent attack on him and and his son Ahsan Choudry, 24, on the street where they live last week.

Three men and a 13-year old boy have been arrested and charged with attempted murder following the violent armed attack.

Sajed also suffered a collapsed right lung and sustained a bleed on the brain after the assault in Blackburn, Lancashire.

He underwent a 14-hour operation to have his ears re-attached, using a skin graft from his legs to complete the surgery.

His daughter Mariya, 22, said the family are in shock about the attack, while her salesman father remains in hospital unable to breathe on his own and relying on a life-support machine.

She said: ‘I feel totally numb right now. I can’t describe how I feel.

‘I have lived on that street for 15 years and have never seen anything like it.

‘He’s really unwell and we don’t know what is going to happen with him.’

Sajed’s son Ahsan also remains in hospital after having half of his hand cut off and suffering cuts to his head.

Mariya, a healthcare worker, said she has remained by her father’s bedside since he went into hospital after the attack last Tuesday night at 10.30pm.

She said her mother and her two younger brothers are incredibly upset.

She said: ‘On Saturday my father stopped breathing and they had to fit a life-support machine.

‘My mum has let me stay here because I am strong enough to cope with how he is.

‘She is trying to remain strong for the family, but she is finding it really hard.

‘She is broken. She does not know what to do with herself.’

The family is praying their father pulls through after the horrendous attack and gruelling surgeries.

She added: ‘My dad is loved and so many people cared about him. He works hard for the community.

The scene of the attack

‘I would not wish what has happened to my dad on anyone. It is not right to do this to another person.

‘All I can do now is pray for my father and my brother.’

Sadaqat Ali, 36, of Blackburn, Rafaqat Ali, 38, of Blackburn, Fazal Ilhai, 62, and a 13-year-old boy – who cannot be named for legal reasons – have all been charged with two counts of attempted murder.

They are due to appear before Preston Crown Court on Monday December 17.

The family are praying for Mr Choudry, pictured above before the attack. His daughter said her mother had been ‘broken’ by the violent assault, which also saw her Sajed’s son Ahsan lose half a hand

Source: DAILY MAIL ONLINE

 

YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME


YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.